Conference Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for Abstracts is now open!
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the IAPB 2018, which will be held in Dublin, on 19 – 24 August 2018
Call for Abstracts Opens: November 2017
Abstract Submission Deadline: Wed 28 February 2018
Notification of Review Outcome: Monday 30 April 2018
Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm attendance: Thursday 31 May 2018
The abstract submission process for IAPB 2018 will be through an online submission portal
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact email@example.com
• It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
• The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
• Abstracts must be submitted in English
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by Thursday 31 May 2018.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until Thursday 31 May 2018. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
• Oral Presentation
• Poster Presentation
• Oral or Poster
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will be 15 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
• Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
• Keep text to a minimum
• Ensure any text is in large font
• Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
• Ensure contents have a logical flow
• Make it colourful
• Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes.
1. Food and Nutritional Security
2. New Plant Breeding Techniques
3. In Vitro culture and morphogenesis
4. Plant nutriomics
5. Public Understanding of Science
6. Plant Microbiome, Plant Pathology
7. Abiotic and Biotoic Stresses
8. Novel bioproducts and biopharmaceuticals
Book of Abstracts – Special IVP Publication:
It is our intention to have IAPB 2018 accepted abstracts published by In Vitro Cellular & Development Biology – Plant (IVP). The author who submits the abstract must agree to the licence on behalf of all authors and provide a conflict of interest form. The licence agreement and conflict of interest form will be available shortly. All authors must agree or disagree to their abstract being published by In Vitro Cellular & Development Biology – Plant (IVP). Please indicate your choice in the ‘Additional Information’ section when submitting your abstract in the submission portal and upload a signed conflict of interest form.
In order to feature in the Book of Abstracts, all authors whose abstracts have been accepted into the IAPB 2018 programme must agree to the inclusion of their abstract in the Book of Abstracts and the presenting author must register for the conference
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for IAPB 2018. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the IAPB 2018 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
A person may submit two abstracts, but only 1 oral, 1 oral and 1 poster, or 2 posters per registration as lead presenter will be permitted.
Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact email@example.com.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
• Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
• Presentation type (Oral, Poster, Oral or Poster)
• Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
• Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
• Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
• Abstract word limit is 300, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
• Please indicate in the ‘Additional Information’if you are an IAPB member; Indicate your agreement with the transfer of copyright / Springer licence? Would you like to be considered to give a short flash presentation on your poster? Include your Travel Bursary personal statement which should include your current status, motivation and professional achievement.
• Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the IAPB 2018 template. Abstracts can be submitted in English only.
Notification of Acceptance
Notification will be sent to the Presenting Author on Monday 30 April 2018.
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept their offer by registering for the Conference by Thursday 31 May 2018. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their abstract from the programme.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for IAPB 2018.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested will be available on the conference app and in the In Vitro Cellular & Development Biology – Plant (IVP) Book of Abstracts/Conference Proceedings on the conference website. It is the responsibility of the author to ensure that there are no copyright issues and declare any conflict of interest should their abstract be available on the conference app and in the In Vitro Cellular & Development Biology – Plant (IVP) Book of Abstracts/Conference Proceedings. The licence agreement and conflict of interest document will be available for download shortly.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by Thursday 31 May 2018 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- A person may submit two abstracts, but only 1 oral, 1 oral and 1 poster, or 2 posters per registration as lead presenter will be permitted.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 19 – 24 August 2018
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the IAPB 2018 Programme Team firstname.lastname@example.org