Call for Late Breaking Abstracts Opens: Closed
Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline: Closed
Notification of Review Outcome: 22 June 2018
Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm attendance: 25 June 2018
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
• The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
• Abstracts must be submitted in English
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by Thursday 31 May 2018.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until Thursday 31 May 2018. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
• Oral Presentation
• Poster Presentation
• Oral or Poster
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will be 20 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
• Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
• Keep text to a minimum
• Ensure any text is in large font
• Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
• Ensure contents have a logical flow
• Make it colourful
• Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
• Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
• Presentation type (Oral, Poster, Oral or Poster)
• Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
• Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
• Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
• Abstract word limit is 300, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
• Please indicate in the ‘Additional Information’if you are an IAPB member; Indicate your agreement with the transfer of copyright / Springer licence? Would you like to be considered to give a short flash presentation on your poster? Include your Travel Bursary personal statement which should include your current status, motivation and professional achievement.
• Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract.
Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the IAPB 2018 template. Abstracts can be submitted in English only.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes.
1. Abiotic and Biotoic Stresses
2. Food and Nutritional Security
3. In Vitro culture and morphogenesis
4. New Plant Breeding Techniques
5. Novel bioproducts and biopharmaceuticals
6. Plant Microbiome, Plant Pathology
7. Plant nutriomics
8. Public Understanding of Science
Book of Abstracts – Special IVP Publication:
It is our intention to have IAPB 2018 accepted abstracts published by In Vitro Cellular & Development Biology – Plant (IVP). The author who submits the abstract must agree to its publication on behalf of all authors. All authors must agree or disagree to their abstract being published by In Vitro Cellular & Development Biology – Plant (IVP). Please indicate your choice in the ‘Additional Information’ section when submitting your abstract in the submission portal.
In order to feature in the Book of Abstracts, all authors whose abstracts have been accepted into the IAPB 2018 programme must agree to the inclusion of their abstract in the Book of Abstracts and the presenting author must register for the congress.
For permission to reproduce a figure, table, or text of an article for a new publication:
The reprinting of a figure, table, or excerpt requires the consent of one of the original authors and proper reference of the source material from In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology – Plant with the appropriate metadata in the new work.
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for IAPB 2018. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the IAPB 2018 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
A person may submit two abstracts, but only 1 oral, 1 oral and 1 poster, or 2 posters per registration as lead presenter will be permitted.
Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact firstname.lastname@example.org